We do not store the MAC address of each gateway. There is a way that he could find out:
- Set the gateway to DHCP mode and connect to an Ethernet network where it will be assigned an IP address.
- Then somewhere on that network run ‘Advanced IP Scanner) https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/download/ which will list everything on the network.
- Look for an device from Manufacturer Renesas Technology America, Inc. and get the MAC address. This will be in the format 00:30:55:xx:xx:xx
To function with a particularly zealous firewall, it may also be necessary to bear the following in mind:
- The gateway uses MQTT to communicate with SensorSpace and this is on port 8883.
- Also time servers are used to configure internal clock so port 123 and 80 would be used.
- DNS servers are also queried so port 53 should be allowed.